Sunday, March 21, 2010

Coil binding cutout template

Hi All,
    So my thing lately is WordBook and I've been asked by a cousin to make a senior book for one of her boys.  Well, the book has come together quiet well, but I have been struggling to CUT the binding holes. I've the attached file is the result of a days worth of tinkering and trying to create something I can use to cut the holes and not have to punch them all individually with my Big Bite. 
     I left the circles as "singles" so you can shorten or lengthen the row depending on your need.  Once you have the desired length, "union" all the pieces together and then do "path difference" to get the desired effect.
     I realize that this is by no means PERFECT, but it's a start and Iwill keep you posted as I continue to work with it.  My next goal to to make a guide for it, so the holes are always the same distance from the sides.   If you have any thoughts on how to do this, I'd LOVE to hear them.  Happy Journeys!

http://www.4shared.com/file/246399987/b269c827/idea2.html
~Nicole

2 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Mar. 21, 2010. Thanks again.

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the Cutting category today [29 Mar 03:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria